District of Columbia

For the most up to date information on the District of Columbia Regulations of Climbing Walls - please call our office at (877) 206-8967 or the state department listed below:

Building and Land Regulation Administration
Department of Consumer and Regulatory Affairs
941 North Capital Street N.E. Room 2117
Washington, DC 20002

TELEPHONE: (202) 442-4538
FAX: (202) 442-4539

STATUTE: DC Construction Code of 1992

PERMITS AND LICENSES: Licenses required for carnival before the rides begin operating

INSPECTION: D.C. inspects amusement rides operating at carnivals, circuses and neighborhood festivals in the District of Columbia.

Additionally, any inspection of a climbing wall in the District of Columbia shall be done by a qualified person capable of inspecting every component of your climbing wall and belay system. Having a state inspection is a duty to demponstrate to the state that you are in compliance with the law and that is it. You must hire a 3rd party inspector to perform a hands on inspection of your climbing wall or tower in the state of Delaware.- Do both at the same time and save money. ESI is qaulified to perform both simultaniously in the District of Columbia.